Working for North Yorkshire County Council
North Yorkshire County council has a workforce of about 20,000 people across the county, so it is important to know what people think about working for the council.
We regularly undertake staff satisfaction surveys. Here are some findings of the latest survey:
- Our employees would recommend North Yorkshire County Council as a place to work;
- Our staff are proud to work for North Yorkshire County Council;
- Our staff are highly motivated and prepared to go the extra mile at work;
- They believe they are given the development they need to do their job; and
- They are satisfied with the benefits they receive from the council.
Benefits of working for North Yorkshire County Council
The benefits of working for North Yorkshire County Council include:
- Flexible working practices;
- Final salary pension scheme;
- Relocation package; and
- Everybody Benefits scheme, offering discounts on goods and services, such as travel, cars, electrical goods and leisure activities.
Salary sacrifice schemes
- Child care vouchers: save up to 41 per cent against the cost of childcare;
- Cycle discounts: save up to 32 per cent against the cost of a cycle;
- Green lease cars: take a private lease on a new low-emission car of your choice, fully maintained and insured by the provider. Staff will enter into a three year agreement for 36 monthly gross salary deductions, which means a saving in tax, national insurance and pension. Eligibility criteria exist for this scheme;
- Home technology: take a private lease on the latest PCs, laptops, tablets, Smart TVs. Staff will enter into a three year agreement for 36 monthly gross salary deductions, which means a saving in tax and national insurance. Eligibility criteria exist for this scheme.
- Green travel loan scheme: an interest-free loan towards an annual season ticket to get you from home to work;
- Health and wellbeing: in addition to in-house occupational health services, preferential rates on a private health scheme are available through payroll deductions;
- Holiday discounts: available via the Everybody Benefits scheme;
- Leisure facilities discounts: various discounts on facilities run by district councils and some private gyms; and
- Eye care: staff who use a PC as a regular part of their job are entitled to a free eye test and potentially PC-specific spectacles.